Monday, December 1, 2008

Long weekend update.

Sorry I've not posted in a while. I've been frantically trying to finish the Scenic Farm for my husband for Christmas. It is "the only thing he wants for Christmas". I'm almost finished.

Wednesday on my way home from work, I got a chip in the windshield of my new car. That must be come kind of record! It isn't even 4 months old. At least it didn't shatter and it won't have to be fixed because it is so small.

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. We went to my parents. Megan and Josh even joined us this year. Kyle came over after he ate at his other grandparents. Then we all played Apples to Apples. Kimber had so much fun!

On Friday Kimber was playing Wolf Quest on the pc and it kept freezing up so she just shut it down. Well, it won't restart now and we get a nasty error message so it has to go to the repair shop today. I have been so slack about backing up my pictures and now I'm afraid they are lost forever. I sure hope not :( There will not be any progress/finishes pictures until I get the pc back. Right now I'm at work using my pc there.

Saturday one of the kids friends who was more like a father to Josh, died in a car accident. Very sad. Josh is taking it quite hard. Kimber spent the night at my parents with her cousins so I went to the movies and saw Twilight. It is GREAT!I am really fussy about movies, but this was really good and very true to the book which is rare.

On Sunday the refrigerator wasn't running right. About a year ago it did the same thing and we had to have it serviced and parts replaced. The stupid thing is less than 8 years old so I don't think we should keep having all these problems with it. I decided if I had to pay someone to fix it I would just buy a new one instead. Obviously this one has some major issues that keeps making it fail. Suddenly it started running ok, so cross your fingers!




2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Eventful weekend. My daughters are desperate to see Twilight but it doesn't get released here in the UK until the 19th Dec. They will be pleased to here it is true to the book.

Daffycat said...

Your fridge sounds like my clothes washer. They don't make 'em like they used to!